Testing Magnets and Magnet Assemblies
Electron Energy excels at testing magnets and assemblies.
Our state-of-the-art testing capabilities include:
- Helmholz coil testing – measures total flux of individual magnets
- Hall probes used to measure field in Gauss. Custom test stands to measure axial field on Traveling Wave Tubes
- Axial field profile for measurements on assemblies
- Custom testing and custom fixtures as required by application
- High resolution testing of Br as a function of temperature to 10 ppm resolution in % change in Br /°C
Raw Material Testing
- Vibrating Sample Magnetometer (VSM) – takes open circuit BH measurement from room temperature up to 1000°F.
- BH testing using hysteresigraph – used to quantify raw material bulk properties. Characterizes the material’s ability to resist demagnetization.
We can test from 100°C to 300°C
Composition analysis is one of the standard process control methods used to produce metal products like steel and titanium alloys. However, the rare earth magnet industry does not typically use composition analysis to control the manufacturing processes.
Alternatively, we control our processes by measuring and monitoring magnetic properties, which we have found to be both more accurate and more relevant.
Although accurate composition analysis for rare earth alloys is difficult to do, we can provide that service (by subcontracting the analysis to a qualified laboratory). If required, we will quote composition analysis as a separate line item.