EEC is committed to protecting all of the stakeholders in our business as we navigate the current COVID-19 outbreak. In order to keep lines of communication open EEC has created this webpage to post the latest information on our efforts to provide full transparency on the situation.
- EEC is following CDC guidelines in regard to interim guidance for businesses and employers.
- Employees must exercise the following social distancing best practices:
- No physical contact e.g. hand shaking
- Person-to-person interaction distance has currently been set at six (6) feet
- Wash hands thoroughly as often as possible
- Cancel or postpone unnecessary travel for business or pleasure, as well as nonessential meetings, gatherings, workshops and training sessions.
- Eliminate nonessential face-to-face group meetings.
- All non-essential visitors are restricted from entering any EEC location
- Notify human resources if you suspect or confirm that you have contracted or been exposed to COVID-19. Employees who are sick should stay home (No employee may work when they have a fever of 100.4°F [37.8°C] or greater).
- If you choose to travel outside of the country or to another state where the pandemic has been designated as “Community Transmitted,” you will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days before you may return to work (listing of “Community Transmitted” states available at cdc.gov)
- All employees reporting for work at both facilities have been given a cloth face mask with instructions for proper wear and care. These masks must be worn when employees are clocked in.
- Changes have been made to shift start times to cut back on overlap between shifts. Employees are asked to not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to their start time and leave as soon as their shift is complete.
- EEC operations remain open as is required to support essential defense and medical businesses per the Department of Homeland Security memorandum dated March 19, 2020.
- EEC operations are open as is required to support essential defense and medical businesses.
- EEC production is not experiencing any disruptions at this time and all customer orders are shipping as planned.
- On-hand raw materials inventories are sufficient at this time, but demand continues to increase as customers are ordering more aggressively to lock in stock.
- Adequate raw material inventories are currently in stock to cover customer orders. Additionally, raw material suppliers are not expecting any supply chain issues at this time.
- Even before the Coronavirus situation started, EEC moved to significantly increase raw materials inventories (both rare earth metals and cobalt). This move has significantly reduced any concerns about supply chain disruptions. However, demand from our customers is increasing, as companies work to lock in stock.
- EEC purchasing is communicating with our supply base on a daily basis to understand and plan for any disruptions that may materialize from the COVID-19 outbreak.
- EEC has donated over 650 face shields, printed in-house, to local first responders and frontline workers.
- EEC has cancelled internal gatherings such as large company meetings and will not be scheduling any new large gatherings in order to reduce face-to-face contact with large groups of our people.
- EEC employees are being encouraged to avoid recreational or other leisure classes, meetings, or activities where you might come into contact with contagious people.
- Non-essential visitors are restricted from entering our two facilities at Links Ave. and Running Pump Rd.